Table of Contents
What Information Does Leaderboard Collect?
How Does Leaderboard Collect My Information?
How Does Leaderboard Use My Information?
How Does Leaderboard Try to Protect My Information?
Community Tools and Social Media
Leaderboard collects two types of information from users of the Services: (1) non-personal information collected automatically, for example, as you interact with our Services that cannot, in itself, be used to specifically identify or contact an individual (except as described below) (“Non-Personal Information”); and (2) information that can be used to specifically identify or contact an individual (“Personal Information”).
If you are using one of our Services, we will automatically capture certain Non-Personal Information about you and your use of the Service. For example, we automatically recognize and collect:
- your Internet service provider and domain name;
- usage and “clickstream” data, which includes the type of device and browsing software you are using and their settings (including language settings), your browser ID, general geographic information derived from your IP address, URL information, the address of the web site from which you linked to a Service, the pages, content or ads you see or click on during your visit and when and for how long you do so, items you download, any search terms you have entered on the Services or a referral site, and the time stamps of your visits to the Services;
- App data, including counts of the screens and features of the App that are used, the countries from which the App is used, time stamps of uses, device language settings, and the types of devices, operating systems, carriers, IP addresses and wireless connections our users are using to access the App;
- unique numerical identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers;
- information about your interactions with our email messages;
When you use any of the Services, you may be asked to provide or choose to provide Personal Information, or we may otherwise collect Personal Information, which may include:
- your Internet Protocol (IP) Address;
- contact information, such as your name, physical address (including zip code), e-mail address, telephone and GHIN number.
- password or other login credentials (selected by you) to create and access your accounts on the Services;
- golf background, such as whether you are an amateur or a professional, the name and address of your golf club, and your USGA Handicap Index;
- information you submit when you contact us or post on the Services; and
- demographic information, such as your age and gender.
The above are only examples of the types of Personal Information we may collect. The actual types of Personal Information collected depend on the specific product or service you request, the types of transactions you conduct on the Services, and the various activities in which you participate.
Leaderboard uses passive tracking tools to automatically collect Information, such as browser cookies, Web beacons, pixels or similar technologies. We collect information about users over time when you use the Services or view our emails.
Leaderboard uses your information to:
- understand your needs and interests and to personalize your experience on the Services;
- provide you with better products and services and to improve our Services;
- deliver the products, services, or information you request (for example, we may use your information for processing and evaluating your entry application, for processing your membership application, for processing transactions on certain of our Services, for processing your registration on certain of our Services, and for contacting you with regard to your membership, registration, transactions and other activities or accounts on our Services);
- manage tournaments;
We may use the information we collect through the Services as otherwise permitted by law or as we may notify you from time to time.
The security of your information is important to us. However, while we strive to protect your information, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet we cannot guarantee that communications between you and any Services, or information stored on any Web Site or servers, will be free from unauthorized access by third parties such as hackers. Your use of the Services demonstrates your assumption of this risk.
You should be aware that any information and content, including Personal Information you post to message boards, community tools, or other publicly accessible forums, may be viewed and used by anyone with access to such forums. By using these services, you assume the risk that the Personal Information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties.
If you desire to have access to certain restricted sections of our Services, you will be required to become a registered user and submit certain Personal Information requested during the registration process and described above. Once registered, you may provide additional information on your profile to better identify yourself and find new friends and opportunities on the Services that may be available. Providing additional information beyond what is required at registration is entirely optional and provided at your own risk.
Leaderboard welcomes your questions and comments about privacy. Please feel free to contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, calling us at (203) 274-2720.